Saturday, January 7, 2017

Various tastes of Soju and Makgeolli

Today, I introduce the various tastes of soju and makgeolli in Korea. A few years ago, various tastes of soju and makgeolli are released for people who are looking for new tastes of alcoholic drinks. Both alcoholic drinks are loved by Koreans when these are released and are still enjoying their popularity. You can buy both alcoholic drinks from convenience store. In addition, you can buy more tastes of alcoholic drinks in large retailers including lotte mart, e-mart, and homeplus. (I will introduce these large retailers later.)

First, I introduce the tastes of soju. It is often called cocktail soju. The strength of cocktail soju is around 12% alcohol by volume (ABV), which is lower than original soju (20% ABV). The tastes are varied including peach, citron, pomegrante, blueberry, grapefruit, green grape, and so on. So, you can choose any tastes you want. Especially, I recommend to chill the cocktail soju. I like citron taste because it is sweet and soft when I drink it.

Fig 1. Various tastes of soju. Refer to Korean for your purchase.
(1) Peach (in Korean "복숭아"), (2) Citron (in Korean "유자"), (3) Pomegrante (in Korean "석류")
(4) Blueberry (in Korean "블루베리"), (5) Grapefruit (in Korean "자몽")
(6) Green grape (in Korean "청포도")

Next, I will show the tastes of makgeolli. Actually, I like makgeolli more than soju because makgeolli is soft and silky. The strength of makgeolli is around 4% alcohol by volume. So, anyone can enjoy this alcoholic drink. The tastes of makgeolli are chestnut, banana, peach, and so on. The taste would be good to chill it. I love all the tastes of these alcoholic drinks because each tastes of makgeolli have its own flavors. I really recommend to try it!

Fig 2. Various tastes of makgeolli. Refer to Korean for your purchase.
(1) Chestnut (in Korean "밤 or 알밤"), (2) Banana (in Korean "바나나")
(3) Peach (in Korean "복숭아") 

There are many kinds of Korean traditional alcoholic drinks besides soju and makgeolli. I will write theses alcoholic drinks later. In next article, I will introduce the "porridge" that you interested.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment