Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Convenience store (CVS) in Korea - Cup noodles recommendation

Today, I will show my favorite cup noodles. I usually eat cup noodles three times a week. Especially, eating cup noodle at night is best! When I feel more hungry, I eat cup noodle with triangular gimbap. (I will write about "triangular gimbap" in next article. Please look forward to it!) There are three cup noodles that I recommended.

Fig 1. Cup noodle - 육개장 사발면 (means hot spicy meat stew with noodle)

First, I introduce 육개장 사발면. It is the most basic flavor of Korean cup noodle. This cup noodle is sold when I was child (about 20 years ago) and is still receiving lots of love from Korean. If you live in the U.S. or other countries, you can see this cup noodle named "Bowl Noodle Soup" in CVS or large retailers. There is a little difference in the flavor between Korea and other countries. Thsi cup noodle in other countries is slightly less spicy than original.

Fig 2. Cup noodle - 참깨라면 (means sesame noodle)

Next is 참깨라면. It includes powder soup, seasoning soup, and solid ingredient of soup (lyophilized egg). The noodle is soft and smooth than other cup noodles. It is slightly more spicy than 육개장 사발면. So, if you like to eat spicy noodle, you can try it.

Fig 3. Cup noodle - 생생우동
(means Udon that is a type of thick wheat flour noodle of Japanese cuisine)

Last, I recommend this cup noodle named 생생우동. It, especially, has wet noodle that is different from other cup noodles. The soup is based on soy source. So, you can enjoy this cup noodle even if you cannot eat spicy noodle. This cup noodle reminds me of the winter weather in Korea.

In next article, I will introduce "triangular gimbap" that is the rice with seasoned ingredients wrapped with seaweed. It is recommended to eat with cup noodle.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment